Thursday, July 2, 2009

Denied

In my never ending attempt to make it more and more obvious that I am gay, today I attempted to add an HRC cause box to my facebook profile. I'm still not ready to post the letter I had written, and I figured this would be another nice, subtle hint. I was able to join the cause, but unfortunately facebook will not led me add it to the cause box. Stupid homophobic facebook. The only cause it will let me feature right now is DKMS. As an aside, I highly recommend DKMS. Getting on the bone marrow donor registry was easy as a few swabs of the mouth. I haven't ever been asked to donate, but if that request does arrive, it is an outpatient procedure. Anyway, I'll go back to mashing the keyboard in frustration now...

2 comments:

El Genio said...

And (drumroll.....) I fixed it. It will let me change it from the causes app, but not directly from the edit link in my profile. Strange, but at least I can go back to basking in the joys of full equality now. ;)

Grant Haws said...

Yeah, I've rarely seen the HRC cause application on a straight person's profile. So for those who are smart enough, they'll know what you're saying.

Post a Comment