
That was the quote from the episode of Kings that I was watching tonight. I am liking this show more and more, it examines so many issues and I really enjoy the characters. Tonight's episode was particularly good because we got to see more of the gay story line. All of the power in the city was out, and there was actually a montage of the two forbidden love stories in the series having a few hours to flourish since no one could see/find them in the chaos. The two romances are David & the King's daughter and Jack (the King's son) and his lover. It's so interesting how both relationships are forbidden for absurd reasons, and how much it hurts each of them to not be able to live an open and honest life.
Anyway, the quote is uttered by David as he tries to explain to the princess that her promise to God (she had promised to spend every breath in service of others, which she also interpreted as eliminating marriage) isn't exactly what God wants. Now that I think about it, I believe the same could apply to a lot of us. I'm doing a poor job of explaining the episode, so go watch it.
And yes, there were some good (but brief) kissing/cuddling scenes.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


2 comments:
I LOVE this show so much! I just wanted to say that.
That was an amazing episode. I am so sad the show didn't go past a season. There were so many great things about it! +2 points for being a Kings Fan
Post a Comment