Last year I blogged about Pedro, an MTV biopic about a Real World star who was living with AIDS/HIV during his time on the show. After having it in my instant-view Netflix queue for a few months I finally got around to watching it this afternoon. Few films have ever affected me as much as this one did. In terms of quality, I would put it right up there with Milk - and that's no surprise when you realize that Dustin Lance Black wrote the screenplay for this film as well. Pedro's story and message have been stuck in my head all day, and probably will be for a long time in the future. This film is an absolute must see for anyone - gay or straight. In a world where over 2 million people are infected with HIV every year, his message remains as timely as ever.


4 comments:
Wow, I watched this movie this afternoon too through Netflix! Good choice.
I keep seeing this as on option on my Netflix Instant Watching panel, but I wasn't sure if it would be good or not. Thanks for the endorsement, I'll have to watch it soon. ALthough, with the Philadelphia QFest going on, I think I may have enough films to keep me busy for the next little while.
I loved the movie. I thought it did great justice to Pedro's life.
I remember watching Pedro and the entire Real World cast that year. (Yes, way back in the early 90s!) Pedro really made that show for me. It was so sad to learn of his death that year. What a wonderful guy and a role model for so many.
I've added it to my Queue. :-)
Post a Comment