This holiday season has been very different for me, for a number of reasons. For starters, I didn't get a tree. Really I have no good excuse. I was just lazy, I put if off, I claimed I wouldn't be home enough to enjoy it, and then I just assumed Mom and Dad would have one. Mom and Dad did not have a tree. In fact, we didn't end up getting a tree until the 24th. Note to future self: this was STUPID, next year just pony up and get the tree. It's worth it.
Anyway, this combined with the questioning of my beliefs to put a somewhat melancholy mood over things. What does Christmas mean, if you don't believe in Christ anymore?
I was a good little boy and went to sacrament meeting as a Christmas present to Mom. I figured a Christmas program was a pretty safe choice. Christmas songs, scriptures, no room to wander into forbidden territory. And I was right, it was all very good. Most people in the ward seemed to be smart enough to not ask any questions, which was nice. It was also the first time that I went and did not take the sacrament. I felt ok about it, I think Mom was surprised though.
And lest you think my Christmas was completely miserable, let me assure you that it was not. Despite this strange feeling at times, I have also had some of the best moments of my life this month. I got a Christmas gift that I never even dreamed was coming, and am looking forward to a new year filled with all sorts of different possibilities.
Happy Holidays everyone! Have a fun (and safe) new year. :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


3 comments:
Hey EG -
I hope that your New Year is filled with many new surprises and joys that you could never have imagined. You deserve all of the happiness that this world can provide you. Keep looking forward and you will blow 2010 away!
Take care of yourself.
JC
Glad to hear!!! Happy 2010!!! Hope it is a great year for yoU!!!
I know the feeling -- 2009's been a roller coaster, but ended on a pretty good note. Now we just have to start off 2010.
Post a Comment