Monday, October 19, 2009

8: The Mormon Proposition

If you haven't already seen it, the trailer is out:

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

a few days ago i watched U.S. versus John Lennon. the paranoia of old white men knows no bounds

Unknown said...

My honest opinion: This movie scares me.
Yes, there is definitely an interest for me to see it. But as an active Mormon, I am nervous about the discussions at Church that may possibly come up due to this movie. There is a side of me that hopes it doesn't get too popular.

Sean said...

I see it this way. If the church is really being truthful and honest no one from the top to the members should have anything to fear. If perchance this film shows more than what was made public, and I suspect it will, some explanations by church leaders are definitely in order.

Popularity of this film should have nothing to do with it. As good members like to believe... truth should not be left to cower in a dark corner while fear and falsehoods are permitted to run rampant. I hope for lots of truth in this movie.

Jenz said...

i should not watch this movie

Unknown said...

Im not interested in watching this film because it is coming at the whole topic with a one sided view, and will be clearly slanted to the gays.

El Genio said...

I'm not sure what to make of your comment Quinn. Maybe I'm reading too much into the usage of the term "the gays" but it seems to have a negative connotation to me.

All films and documentaries are slanted. Reed Cowan certainly has an agenda with this film, but I trust him as a professional journalist to give the topic a fair treatment. And really, what's the alternative here? The Deseret News? The World Report, which completely ignored the issue? Ignoring this film seems to be like putting blinders on yourself and trying to pretend like nothing happened. Unfortunately, stuff did happen and a lot of it was downright nasty.

Post a Comment