Sunday, August 16, 2009

Smokin



I caught the last hour and a half of this movie in the hotel room today. Oddly enough it was on the USA network so they dropped out lots of words. There wasn't a whole lot going on story wise, but I enjoyed watching Reynolds. So, a few other notes on my media consumption lately:

- Saw Fiddler on what turned out to be opening night. It was really fun and there was a great crowd at the Pantages. Well, besides the two yahoos next to me. How you can sit on the 4th row and keep on pulling out your cell phone is beyond me.


- Saw 500 Days of Summer and loved it. The biggest message I got from the film is that we can never give up in our quest to find that special someone. There are always more people out there and we never know who is waiting just around the corner.

- Saw thew new Harry Potter film but I wasn't a huge fan. There were a few cool scenes (I actually liked the burning burrow) but I felt that some moments could have been much more powerful.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

500 Days of Summer was one of my favorite films this summer. I loved the dialogue the narrator gave at the end of the film :)

Anonymous said...

You got to see Fiddler at the Pantages? I am jealous. I got to see it a couple of years ago on Broadway. I saw that it was coming to the Pantages when I was in San Diego. And, to have Topol coming back to his great role in Fiddler...WOW!

Have a great week!

Post a Comment