Wednesday, June 20, 2012

The Beginning of the End

I sent in my letter of resignation from the Mormon church today. This is not my first attempt at resigning/getting them to remove me from the church. I actually read online that they are sometimes responding to resignations via email now, so back in April I sent them a lengthy letter, to which I still have not received a response. Hopefully, if things go according to plan, I'll have a few more back and forth letters with them, and then in about 60 days it will all be official.

As the church continues to speak out against marriage equality all over the globe, my resignation can't come soon enough. My life has been forever altered by Mormonism, for both good and bad. Parts of it will always be with me, but I'm excited to start a new chapter away from religion.

2 comments:

SCalRF said...

Congrats man. I hope they grant you your resignation this time.

Miguel said...

I sent my letter almost a month ago and so far I only received the standard "we'll forward your request to your local leader" and their pamphlet invitation to come back. I sent the letter to the bishop the same day--certified mail with return receipt so I know they all got it. I have to blog about it--but I feel much the same way you do. Congratulations!
Hugs,Miguel

Post a Comment