I went to visit Santa Barbara for the first time this past weekend. It was just a spontaneous trip with a few friends, but it ended up being quite a reflective trip for me. Would I ever like to back to college? What would it be like if I did? Where would I want to go to school at?
The college life I saw along the streets of Santa Barbara was a lot different from the one I experienced at BYU. We rented bikes and ended up riding along the coast, as well through a lot of the college parts of town, so we got quite a view of the Saturday night festivities. There were entire street blocks full of beer pong games. Many students were walking around shirtless, while others were just coming bak from the beach in their wet suits. It was like being transported into a completely different world. On the surface it seemed really attractive - plenty of hot guys, a wonderful atmosphere, and the chance to focus on learning. But there are also plenty of downsides to college life, and probably more upsides to my current life. So I'm sticking to Los Angeles for now, and that's my story... unless Mr. Perfect comes along and offers to take me someplace better :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



2 comments:
Ha ha sounds like Santa Barbara is the place to be!
should have gone to Santa Barbara.
Post a Comment