Monday, June 27, 2011

No!

During my recent trip for work I think I outed myself to more people than I really planned on. It wasn't premeditated, nor was it explicitly stated, but I think people got the general idea. I went out dancing twice, and when someone asked me at dinner where I went, I couldn't think of anything else to say other than the truth, so I named the club.

Of course, it can't be that hard to tell if you look at my facebook page anyway. This later lead to a really funny situation. One night I was walking out of a mall with a female friend on our way to dinner. One of the salesman at a kiosk was trying to sell some kind of a timeshare and asked us if we were married. My immediate reaction was a firm and vehemently disgusted NO!

I got immediate grief from my friend about being disgusted about the idea of being married to her. For the record, she was probably the first person I came out to at work, and she is married herself, but she wasn't going to pass up an opportunity like this. Then she tried to concoct this grand scheme where we would pretend like we were this strange married couple for the rest of this night - a stunt that no amount of strawberry daiquiris could ever convince me to complete. I'm not sure why my initial reaction was so pronounced. I guess it was just the combination of it not being a guy, of the fact that I actually can't get married (for both legal reasons and the fact that I can't even get a long-term boyfriend), and just the general frustration of having to walk through a mall everyday to get to work.

Anyway, what made the incident even more funny, was that later she told the story to everyone else at work. So for the rest of the week, everyone on the crew was laughing at how offended I was at the idea of being married to her. Good times lol.

1 comments:

Gauss Jordan said...

Ha. Awesome. :-) This happens to me whenever I'm out with a friend (who's also married). In fact, she's ~10 years older than me. Her husband is ~10 years older than her. When they got married, the judge thought *I* was the groom, and he was her father. :-P

I remind my friend and her husband of that on their anniversary every year. ;-)

Post a Comment