Sunday, April 17, 2011

Blessing

It's obviously been awhile since I blogged. Work got kind of really out of hand. I went about two months without a full weekend off. But of course, the reality is that those kind of situations are in a way, a blessing for me. They give me a chance to save for the inevitable breaks, and to focus on different parts of my life.

Perfectly timed with my new break from work, is the upcoming blessing of my niece. I'm torn because a large part of me doesn't want to go. I feel all sorts of conflicted about it, but the reality is that it will be awkward. There will be lots of family there. I won't be able to participate, which will be another one of those huge red flags. And just to round it all out, everyone will probably be talking about President Monson's recent talk about marriage. I love my sister and her family a lot, but I don't think I'll be able to resist finding an excuse to avoid this trip to Utah.

1 comments:

Bravone said...

I feel bad that family times bring up so much angst. Yet I understand how you feel. When I was disfellowshipped, I missed my niece's wedding and my own son going through the temple before leaving on his mission. It was awkward, but I tried to do what I could, like attending the luncheon afterward. I understand if you don't go, but I think that ultimately the only way for both you and your family to feel more comfortable in those situations is to go and be the good man you are. Let them see you and know how much you care about them. Hopefully, in time, they will learn to reciprocate.

Post a Comment