Monday, January 18, 2010

Media Update

Yesterday I had the chance to view two films that had a lot in common. The first film was Red Dirt, and the second was Brokeback Mountain. I am really amazed that I had managed to go this long without ever seeing this film. It's fairly popular, and won several academy awards (Though it got snubbed in the best picture category. I have producers who are still furious about the snub to this day.) During the film's release I was actually already living in California post BYU, and almost saw it several times on my own. There was even one night where I was supposed to meet a friend for dinner at P.F. Chang's near a theatre. My friend ended up not showing, and I was so close to just walking in and seeing it, but was too afraid of what seeing such a film would mean. If you have Netflix, it is currently available to watch instantly, so check it out if you get the chance.
This is what I miss most...
The common line between these two films is that both couples seem to have true, genuine love. Despite this love, they don't end up together in the end. For me it was heart breaking. How could two people who love each other so much choose not to be together? How could they not do whatever possible to cross the bridges necessary for a life of happiness? I don't know, but there is no way in hell I am going to make the same mistake.

I also saw the trailer for the soon to be released The Good Guy.


The film stars Scott Porter and Bryan Greenberg, both of whom are particularly attractive (especially Bryan).

A well-dressed man, one sure way to my heart.
Although the trailer has someone quipping that one of them is so nice he must be gay, I think the sad truth is that these two are fighting over a girl, not each other.

Still, I can always hope for a surprising turn in the story right?

0 comments:

Post a Comment