First off, many thanks to those of you who offered your prayers and support, they were and are greatly appreciated.
My parents called me this morning, which was a lot sooner than I expected. And their reaction was really really good too. Way better than I hoped for. We both expressed how much we love each other, and they said they would always love and support me. Things sounded so normal, that I really don't think our relationship will change much. They did promise to read the book, and they also wanted to make sure that I would still be around for some family events that we have coming up in the near future. Other than that, we didn't discuss specifics, but I'm ok with that. We'll cross those bridges when we get to them, but it is nice having a lot of the height/fear taken out of the bridges. There will still be rivers to cross, but they are no longer the size of the Amazon.
I'm a little nervous with the responsibility I now have. The ball is clearly in my court, and it's up to me to set a good example of the life a gay person can live. This experience has strengthened my resolve to remain committed to stable & chaste relationships, and to continue my search for an eternal companion.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


2 comments:
Prayers answered. I am really happy for you. Their response says much about them and you.
I just read through your entries up to this point. I know this was a while ago, but I'm so happy that your parents reacted in this positive way!
Post a Comment